Ok, like my title says it is 33 below, ACTUAL TEMP! I spent 2 1/2 hours outside today because of the impending temp drop....but I suppose I should start at the beginning of the day or this could get confusing!
This morning I was physically unable to wake up and get the kids to school. Brandon got them up and off to school. Not sure why I couldnt wake up, but I couldnt. Maybe something to do with uterine infection, and the heavy doses of meds for it? Anyways, got up at 8:30 and Brandon had to practically pry me out of bed. I went out and helped him catch the horses for the farrier while the van warmed up, then I got Hannah ready and the rabbit and went to the vet office.
At the vet......I paid lots of money and learned nothing! The vet was awesome and didnt charge me for the tests she did, but I still had to pay the office charge and for the wormer I bought. We decided to reworm the rabbits with another wormer and hope that fixes them. Otherwise she said we have to wait for one to die and do a necropsy because she wouldnt be able to tell me anymore from a live rabbit. So let me get this straight... I have to hope for a rabbit to die so we can cut it up and find out what is wrong with them??? Crappy! I did get wormer for my sheep too since the wormer for both is the same. Actually both kinds of wormer I use on the sheep are used in rabbits too. The really good stuff that is a 1 time dose was $130 for just the rabbits.....I opted for the stuff that cost $20 for the rabbits AND the sheep! This wormer I have to give 5 days in a row though. Not the sheep, just the rabbits. I got to see a couple potbelly piglets while I was there, and I bought mom a kennel for her puppy to get him home in. Her friend who is bringing him home for her was worried about space, and my crates are bigger, so I got a tiny one for her.
I got home and the farrier was about to start on the donkey. Big horses were done. Guess there was some drama with them all before the farrier got here. We got Sven done, then Star, then Gimley. Somewhere in there we did Libby too. All were well behaved......mostly anyways. Farriers dont mind my horses because the little my horses do that I call acting up, they call no big deal and normal, and easy to handle. I do that on purpose. My horses will always be well behaved! I work hard for them to be!
Speaking of farrier, I later saw the work on their feet. I was a bit disappointed and when Tim our other farrier called I expressed my somewhat unsatisfaction. Tim is goingto drop by and see if he can do some finishing work or touchup whats already been done. This will help to decide if we will use Dale agian.
After hearing what the temp was to be tonight I went out and started gettig things ready to put my sheep in the barn, and maybe open part of the barn to the horses, but decided not to do that part. I got the door dug out in front and back, and dug out several gates I needed to be able to use.
Doug came out to help after a while and we got the sheep brought up and put in. I got most of the watering done before the hose froze solid. Took no more than 20 min for it to freeze solid with it running the whole time. Put all the sheep in the barn, except for of course the dead one...... They seemed happy to get to be where it was way warmer. Though they didnt want to go in there in the first place. Was a real fun time having to get them all in.
Got the tank heaters temporarily figured out. Everyone has some sort of feed, and all but the pigs have water. The pigs wont drink it, they would rather eat snow....... weirdos! Even the cats had a bit of water today. They all seem happy and healthy.
Then of course there was Hannah to deal with. She while eating pooped her pants and it went up out of her diaper all over her. She had it eveywhere and we had to give her a bath.
Brandons w-2s came today. Got our basic tax stuff done, just have to watt for my 1098 from the house interest stuff to finsh it all up. So far our refund is 11,200 or so, with both federal and state, but lots of that is spent. We have to fix the Chevy-$2000, horse trailer $1500 minus hay and board for the horse they have here, have to pay hay bill, and buy a bit more cuz we dont have enough, pay some on propane, fix tractor, finish our flooring job, then try and make garage into part of the house. It would be the play room. If we could some sort of new heating option would be nice to figure out too! No idea for sure what it will actually be spent on.... time to feed Hannah and get some sleep!
Bless you for tolerating those temperatures. We went down to 6+ degrees last night and I am going nowhere this morning :)
ReplyDelete