Monday, January 24, 2011

Kids are off.......

Tonight things havent gone quite normal with the kids. Lucie fell off the couch tonight and hit her head pretty hard. Poor kid. Not too long after she fell asleep for a while. That worried me, but repeated checking showed she was fine, and later her dancing to her tv show reinforced the feeling.

During Hannahs nap we snuck out to do some work with my sheep. Each was wormed first. Then marked with chalk on their face so I knew who had been done, and then I checked udders. No one really has much yet, or anything actually. Just some slight swelling in some that shows some hormone changes and a good possibility of being bred, but no certainties. I cant wait for the end of February. It means shearing which will get rid of the nasty old stinky wool......and getting into where my girls could start lambing. By then I should know better who may or may not be bred. I am hoping for at least a 90% breeding success rate. Last year we had around 60%? Not great, but what happens when you lose a ram. I have high hopes for this lambing season........probably setting myself up for a lot of dissapointment though. Anytime I hope....

Back to kids. We came in several times and no problems while we were out. Had a good dinner.....though some issues with someone at the pizza place making an extra charge on our credit card that wasnt on our reciept that I found on my banking website. Have to check into it tomorrow. Got kids to bed ok.

Lucie was up over and over agian tonight. She just couldnt sleep or?? Its impossible to know with her since she either cant, or wont tell us. We tried several approaches to get her to sleep, and none seemed to work. After about midnight she finally fell asleep.

Hannah on the other hand....shes laying there crying right now. Shes had a bellyache since 10pm or so? Not sure what is going on, what I ate, or just a bad night for her, but shes awake every so often crying and does not want to go to sleep. It helps to hold her with her belly agianst me. She will sleep then..... so much for teaching her to sleep in her own bed!  Now to type with her in my arms......lol. I just wish I could do something for her!

I cant stand to see any kid suffering, and a baby is even worse. To have 2 of my kids having issues in one night just makes me feel horrible. Poor Emily. She gets left out of the attention a lot right now. Then agian she goes to bed and falls asleep without any problems.

Suppose I will finish up this episode of pitbulls and parolees and try heading for bed. Might have to let Hannah sleep with us agian if I want to sleep at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment