Thursday, February 24, 2011

Its been a while

Ok, so I know I havent been here in a while. For 2 weeks I was down by my moms/at my moms. The first week was on purpose, the second week definitly not by choice. Emily came down with pnemonia and was hospitalized for 6 days. Finally came home on Saturday and have been seriously busy ever since. Emily is still on oxygen for another week or so. The thing that has been nagging at me is how the doctors and nurses kept asking me if Emily had any problems such as asthma before the pnemonia. Then after I got home I think thanks to my mothers remider we figured out a possibility that I believe at this point to be true. Of course I have to test to be positive... but this wont leave my head and I am freaking out. We think ourwater may be dangerously high in nitrates. That would explain everything. It would explian all the deaths we have been having in our animals for one thing. Ducks, rabbits, chickens, the calf, our sheep.... It would also explain why Emily isnt holding her oxygen on her own. The doctors cant believe she is still needing the oxygen so badly, and this would explain why. If shes still not doing so well by Monday I will talk to the doctor about it agian and have her tested. A blood test can tell if that is her problem. High nitrates cause the blood to not be able to carry oxygen. I do have a rabbit down at the university of MN getting a necropsy to see if they can determine what was wrong with her, but I would bet money we now have the cause. I am getting super stressed out, I worry because there is no way I could ever get enough purified water for all my stock.... I definitly cant afford to put in a new well. Maybe there is something I can work with the finance company to get the money to put in a new well? No idea. Something has to be figured out soon. I will be trying to go and get the test kit tomorrow and send off a water sample for testing. We will see. Guess that is all I can think about right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment